AppearanceOchaco is a petite, slender teenage girl. She has fair skin, big round brown eyes, and shoulder-length brown hair which sports two long locks beside her face and a short bob at the back. She also has little pads on the top of each of her fingers, similar to the pads on an animal's paws, which are used to activate her Quirk.
Her costume consists of a skin-tight suit with detached sleeves, knee-high boots, belt, helmet, collar, and thick, round bracers with handles attached to them. The accessories are designed to press her acupuncture points in an attempt to reduce her Quirk's drawback. The skin tightness of her costume on the other hand is apparently an error due to her not being specific in her design request.
Ochaco is an outgoing, bubbly and lively person who thinks about everything positively, while still being objective enough to seeing her own and others' flaws and virtues. She is very harmonic and empathetic in general, nice and friendly to those she meets, and will also try to help or defend anyone that previously came to her aid, especially to her dear ones. However, Ochaco can be awfully blunt without being aware of it at times.
Similar to Izuku Midoriya, her reactions tend to be exaggerated and humorous: Ochaco often becomes amused at certain personality traits and quirks others may exhibit, sometimes to the point of bursting into laughter which she tries to suppress to some extent. Because of her humble background, she easily gets excited or surprised over little things and may even lose her composure when faced with actual luxury, to the point of nearly fainting. Bonus materials have depicted Ochaco as stingy, since she goes to extreme lengths to save money.
Despite those oddities, Ochaco can take on an extremely determined, focused and somewhat intimidating attitude when the situation calls for it, which can come as a surprise to those who are used to her cheerful side. This side of her tends to appear during combat situations, where Ochaco also demonstrates a surprisingly strategic mind, although she is not above taking more impulsive, reckless decisions. She also doesn't like to be underestimated.
When it comes to her chosen path as a hero, Ochaco is unwavering, even in the face of overwhelming force. Her parents are her main driving force into becoming a professional hero, as she desires above all else to give them a comfortable life, to the point of sacrificing her own feelings at times. Being quite honest about her goals, Ochaco decided to not hide her pursuit of heroism being primarily for money, despite her embarrassment over admitting so. She does this with pride, knowing that it is for her parents' benefit. After meeting Izuku, Ochaco also grew to admire his own motives to become a hero and his compassionate nature, wanting to be like him in terms of emotional strength, something which eventually allowed her to gain more motives to achieve her goals in order to complement herself with them.
In terms of heroism, Ochaco has shown more preference towards rescuing efforts, being a fan of Thirteen and his expertise in the area. However, she is also aware of her own physical limitations, instead deciding to choose the more combat-oriented hero Gunhead for internship in order to learn martial arts and increase her fighting repertoire.
Quirk and Abilities
Zero Gravity (
- Skill Release (解除 Kaijo?): Ochaco can press her finger tips together and make whatever she has touched stop floating. She uses this move for both combat and support purposes, such as when she saved Izuku Midoriya from falling to death during the entrance exam.
- Meteor Shower: After causing that several rubbles fell from continuous attacks, Ochaco can collect a large quantity of the surrounding destruction, forming a deadly, giant meteor of rubbles. She first used this move during her match against Katsuki Bakugo.
- Gyrokinetic Combat: Ochaco can use her Quirk for physical combat or support, able to reduce the effective weight for her advantage. Though she has used this for combat purposes in weapons, Ochaco only had reduced other people' weight for supportive reasons.
- Home Run Comet (彗星ホームラン Suisei Hōmuran?): After applying her Quirk's power of making objects weightless to some rubble and a pillar, Ochaco can use the pillar to hit the rubble at her enemy, acting as an improvised yet quite strong bat. This move was first used to distract Tenya Iida during the Battle Trial.
Hand-to-Hand Combat: While working with Gunhead, Ochoco was trained in martial arts. Because of this, she has mastered several forms of grappling, take downs and throws. Ochaco now is skilled enough to easily dispatch an opponent that tries to stab her or to incapacitate them, as shown with the Pro Hero Thirteen and the Villain Himiko Toga.
Keen Intellect: Though she isn't is the sharpest pencil in the box, Ochaco has a strategic mind, able to deduce her opponent's weaknesses soon after their battles begans, and distracting them enough to form complex plans. Despite being overpowered in her fight against Katsuki, she was praised for having making it far. Also, Ochaco has keen senses, able to tell when Himiko was attempting to first attack her, showing her concentrated mind.
Hero Costume: All aspects of Ochaco's Hero Costume was made for the sole purpose of helping minimize the negative affects of her Quirk.
- Uraraka Helmet: This equipment reduces stimulation of the semicircular canals located inside each ear.
- Uraraka Wrists: This equipment's interior contains a device that clamps down and releases like a blood pressure gauge, stimulating the pressure points around the wrist area that suppress nausea.
- Uraraka Neck: This equipment stimulates the pressure points around the neck area, thereby reducing headaches and the like.
- Ochachaka Leg: This equipment's design was to break her fall from elevation. The sole at her toes is equipped with a shock absorbing cushion and her heel contains a reinforced spring, also to soften the shock.
Ochaco loves and cares for her parents very deeply, even taking the decision to become a hero regardless of the dangers for their sake.
On the other hand, her parents clearly loves and supports Ochaco very much, wanting her to look out for her own happiness instead of help with their business.
Ochaco has no idea that Izuku has a crush on her, but there have been many subtle hints that she may has a crush on him as well, such as how she got jealous when Mei talked to Izuku too much. During the End of Term Test, Yuuga asked Ochaco if she loves Izuku, to which she replied by blushing and holding her face with embarrassment, showing that she has a crush on him. However, due to her insecurities about her feelings, Ochaco would usually run away whenever she is alone with Izuku or deny it in an over exaggerated way. After the Hero License Exam Arc, Ochaco has decided to focus on becoming a Hero for her sake and so that her love for Izuku doesn't interfere between them, deciding to only being close friends with him at the moment.
Since they are both very close to with Izuku, they became close friends with each other too. The two surprisingly get along very well and often end up in situations together. As a result, they always have each other's backs during battles.
Ochaco interned under Gunhead, wanting to see how a combat hero like him works. They are close enough to tease the other at times, and recognize their strengths and weaknesses. She also thinks the way he talks and acts is cute.
Nejire helped Ochaco and Tsuyu get an internship with Ryukyu. The three established a friendship with each other since Ochaco and Tsuyu listened and cooperated with Nejire splendidly during their internship, as well as when Ochaco and Tsuyu fought against Himiko.
The latter two appear to be rather close, being on a first name basis with each other and even call each other "hon," a shortened version of the nickname "honey". They also comfort and help the other as possible, as seen when Tsuyu comforted Ochaco by offering to hold her hand (which she accepted) during the School Trip Arc, or when Ochaco helped Tsuyu to apologize towards their classmates by gather them.
At first, Ochaco avoided interacting with Katsuki due to his aggressive behavior, and Katsuki didn't bother to talk to her, most likely because she was always fluttering around Izuku and he didn't think she was worth it as well. However, in their match in the Sports Festival, Katsuki acknowledged Ochaco's strength and determination, using her last name in a sign of respect. For her part, Ochaco stopped to be afraid of him since then, being grateful towards Katsuki for treating her like a true opponent.
After this event, the two heroes-in-training began to respect and admire each other more, which caused them to defending the other even from allies. This was seen when Katsuki went out of his way to say that Ochaco wasn't fragile, even when his classmates said that she was. In an omake after the End of Term Test Arc, Ochaco has even talked with Katsuki about his relationship with Izuku, hinting she understands him to some degree.
Ochaco has a somewhat rocky relationship with Mei due to the latter's extremely direct nature and her "awfully close" distance to Izuku, much to her dismay. While all makes Ochaco visibly uncomfortable, she manages to remain polite and civil.
Ochaco and Himiko are enemies. Despite Himiko tried to attack Ochaco and Tsuyu with a knife, she gleefully called them "her friends", which left Ochaco slightly disturbed. However, Himiko managed to hit a soft spot when she realized that Ochaco has a crush on someone.
- Her name comes from ウラビティ (uravity), グラビティ (gravity) without the "g", making Ura (麗, urara), bi (日, that can also be read as ka), tea (茶, read as cha).
- Her name Uraraka means "bright, beautiful", and Ochako "tea child".
- While her name was spelled as Ochako in a character illustration on the official manga website, it is spelled as Ochaco on both the anime website and PVs.
- Her rankings in the Popularity Polls are as follows:
- She ranked 4th in the First Popularity Poll.
- She ranked 10th in the Second Popularity Poll.
- She is student No. 5 in Class 1-A.
- Her school ranks are as follows:
- According to her Databook Entry, her bob hair and dialect that sometimes come out are parts of her schoolgirl charm.
- She loves Japanese food, especially mochi. She also likes the starry sky.
- Ochaco shares her birthday with Hinata Hyuga from Naruto, another Weekly Shōnen Jump series.
- (To Izuku Midoriya and Tenya Iida) "So I'm going to be a hero. I'll make that money... So that my mom and dad can have easier lives!"
- (To Izuku and Tenya) "I said it would be easier to team up with friends, but now that I think about it, I might've been trying to rely on you again. That's why when Iida said he was challenging you, I grew a little ashamed of myself... Everyone is giving all they can, which only makes fair for me to do the same... So, we will meet in the finals!""
- (To Katsuki Bakugo about Izuku) "It is almost like... You are scared, so you want to keep distance from him, and for that you act so menacing..."
|Asui Family||Beru Asui • Ganma Asui • Samidare Asui • Satsuki Asui • Tsuyu Asui|
|Bakugo Family||Katsuki Bakugo • Mitsuki Bakugo • Masaru Bakugo|
|Iida Family||Tensei Iida • Tenya Iida|
|Jiro Family||Kyoka Jiro • Kyotoku Jiro • Mika Jiro|
|Koda Family||Koji Koda • Koji's Mother|
|Midoriya Family||Hisashi Midoriya • Inko Midoriya • Izuku Midoriya|
|Shimura Family||Tenko Shimura • Nana Shimura • Shimura|
|Todoroki Family||Enji Todoroki • Fuyumi Todoroki • Shoto Todoroki • Shoto's Mother|
|Uraraka Family||Ochaco Uraraka • Ochaco's Father • Ochaco's Mother|
|Civilians||Daikaku Miyagi • Eri • Kota Izumi • Luminescent Baby • Mera Yokumiru|