Navel Laser gives Yuga the ability to fire sparkly laser beams from his navel.
Those beams can range from short to long-ranged, with strong enough recoil to propel the user through the air at a high speed.
Yuga's beams are powerful enough to destroy metal, although they do not appear to be lethal. They're bright enough to be used to illuminate dark areas or work as a beacon, which allows allies, as well as enemies, to locate Yuga's current position.
This Quirk can only be used for one second at a time, as otherwise overusing Navel Laser will cause continuous damage to Yuga's stomach.
Yuga likes to use his Quirk in a flamboyant manner, frequently posing while firing beams. He often takes advantage of the beams' recoil to launch himself far away when he needs to cross over an obstacle.
Yuga can also control the width of his beams and is skilled enough at maneuvering them, to the point of being able to perfectly write on solid rock through extremely thin lasers.
Abnormally, because of a birth defect, Yuga's Navel Laser can involuntarily "leak out", which means that he is dependent on his Sparkle Belt for his Quirk to function properly. According to Yuga himself, he has been constantly wearing his Sparkle Belt since he was a child.
Yuga's Hero Costume is capable of channeling the energy created by his navel, allowing it to be fired from other openings granted by the costume itself.
Named Super Moves
- Art of Seduction (据え膳 Suezen?): Yuga's basic move. He places his hands behind his head and fires a continuous, straight beam from his navel. This move is first used to destroy a robot during U.A.'s Entrance Exam.
- Navel Laser Buffet (ネビルビュッフェレーザー Nebiru Byuffe Rēzā?): Yuga fires successive beams not only from his navel but also from his shoulders, which are equipped with beam openings just like his Sparkle Belt. As a result, this technique puts more strain on him than when he uses his Quirk normally.
- Like several other Quirks, Navel Laser has its own signature sound effect: "THOOM".
- The general concept behind Yuga's Navel Laser appears to be inspired by X-Men character Cyclops. Just like Yuga, Cyclops can fire powerful beams from an opening of his body (his eyes), however, he is unable to keep his ability under control without the aid of a special device, which he must wear at all times.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 3 and Episode 3.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 168.