My Hero Academia (
Before the series was published in Weekly Shonen Jump, Kohei Horikoshi tested his My Hero Academia ideas in a one-shot that was published within Akamaru Jump in Winter, 2008. On January 26, 2015, Viz Media announced that starting on February 9 of that year, they would officially translate the series into English for release in Viz Shonen Jump.
As of March 2, 2018, My Hero Academia has 13 million copies print.
Main article: Story Arcs
People are not born equal, a realization that four-year-old Izuku Midoriya faced when bullied by his classmates who had unique special powers. Izuku was one of the rare cases where he was born with absolutely no unique powers. This did not stop Izuku from pursuing his dream, a dream of becoming a great hero like the legendary All Might. To become the great hero he hopelessly wants to become, he now will join the ranks of one of the highest rated "Hero Academies" in the country: U.A. High School. With the help of his idol All Might, will he be able to claim the ranks and become a true hero?
The manga takes various cues and styling from American comics. It also breaks away from the idea of the battle manga main protagonist cliché who is normally very powerful and wild from the start.
Main article: Chapters and Volumes
As of July 18th, 2018, the series contains 190 Chapters.
Weekly Shonen Jump Covers
For Weekly Shonen Jump covers, refer to here.
Japanese Volume Covers
English Volume Covers
Awards and Nominations
- Main article: Awards and Nominations
Oricon Rankings and Copies Sold
- ↑ Japanese Comic Ranking, November 3-9, 2014
- ↑ Japanese Comic Ranking, January 26 to February 1, 2015
- ↑ Japanese Comic Ranking, April 13-19, 2015
- ↑ Japanese Comic Ranking, June 15-21, 2015
- ↑ Japanese Comic Ranking, August 17-23, 2015
- ↑ Japanese Comic Ranking, November 2-9, 2015
- ↑ Japanese Comic Ranking, February 22-28, 2016
- ↑ Japanese Comic Ranking, April 4-10, 2016
- ↑ Japanese Comic Ranking, May 30-June 5
- ↑ Japanese Comic Ranking, August 29-September 4
- ↑ Japanese Comic Ranking, October 31-November 6
- ↑ Japanese Comic Ranking, February 27-March 5