"I swear on my name, Vine... that the schemers will be judged."
Her Hero Costume consists of a plain white robe and black knee-high boots.
Ibara is a very modest and courteous person who makes her humility clear after Present Mic calls her an assassin. Although graceful and soft-spoken, she is not afraid to make her pure intentions known. She seems to be of a highly religious inclination, due to her talking about heaven and divine beings in passing on multiple occasions, and her super moves having somewhat religious names, such as "Faith's Shield" and "Crucifixion".
Despite initially seeming very pure and kind, Ibara shows an unexpected vindictive side, best demonstrated in the Joint Training Arc, with her harsh judgement of Class 1-A and her telling Jurota Shishida that she hoped the "fires of hell" would relieve him of his sins.
She showed her gratitude after receiving a second chance to participate in the U.A. Sports Festival and made her objective to spread well across the world apparent before her fight with Denki. Ibara also prefers to be fair and square, as she disagreed with Neito Monoma's plan to throw the Obstacle Race and placed fourth instead. She also found her teammates "sinful".
- Via Dolorosa (ヴィアドロローサ Via Dororōsa?): Ibara covers an entire area with her vines, trapping anything that touch them.
- Crucifixion (
磔刑Kurusefikushon?): Ibara uses her vines to trap her opponent in a ball of vines suspended in the air to restrict their movement. The shape resembles that of a rubber band ball. She uses this move on Denki to insulate him, rendering him unable to discharge his quirk.
- Faith's Shield (
信仰の盾Feisuzu Shīrudo?): Ibara swiftly uses creates a wall of vines to protect herself before detaching the vines. She used it as a second line of defense against Denki.
Battles & Events
- U.A. Sports Festival
- Ibara's name contains the kanji for "salt" (塩?), "promontory" (崎?), and "thorn" (茨?).
- Ibara ranked 4th during the U.A. Entrance Exam with 36 Villain Points and 32 Rescue Points.
- Ibara's favorite food is bread.
- Ibara was originally planned to be in Class 1-A.
- Kohei Horikoshi commented that he finds it painful to draw Ibara's hair.
- Ibara's religious nature and Quirk allude to Christianity in several ways:
- Ibara's thorny hair is similar to the crown of thorns that is said to have been placed on Jesus Christ's head at the time of His crucifixion.
- Her Hero Costume consists of a plain white robe, which looks similar to the one worn in many depictions of Jesus Christ.
- Her former Hero name "Maria" is the Latin name for the the Virgin Mary.
- Her birthday is September 8, which is also the birthday of the Virgin Mary.
- All of her Super Moves are named after biblical terms.
- (After defeating Denki Kaminari) "Yes... I have not wasted the opportunity bestowed upon me..."
- (When Eijiro Kirishima was thrown at her) "A lost lamb descends from the heavens."
- ↑ My Hero Academia Official Character Book Ultra Archive.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 My Hero Academia Anime: Episode 21.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 35.