PersonalityIbara is a very modest and courteous person who makes her humility clear after Present Mic calls her an assassin. Although graceful and soft-spoken, she is not afraid to make her pure intentions known.
She showed her gratitude after receiving a second chance to participate in the U.A. Sports Festival and made her objective to spread good across the world apparent before her fight with Denki. Ibara also prefers to be fair and square, as she disagreed with Neito's plan to throw the Obstacle Course and placed fourth instead.
Battles & Events
- Ibara's names contains the kanji for "salt" (塩?), "jagged" (崎?), and "thorn" (茨?)
- Ibara ranked 4th during the Entrance Exam with 36 Villain Points and 32 Rescue Points.
- Ibara's favorite food is bread.
- Ibara was originally planned to be in Class 1-A.
- Kohei Horikoshi commented that he finds it painful to draw Ibara's hair.
- Ibara's religious nature and Quirk is likely a reference to Jesus Christ and the 'crown of thorns' that was placed on his head. This is also referenced in her hero name Maria, a reference to the latin name for the the Virgin Mary.
- Her birthday is September 8, which is also the birthday of Virgin Mary.