Frog is the summation of Tsuyu's many frog-related abilities.
This includes great leaping (and thus kicking) ability, wall clinging, a powerful extending tongue, camouflaging and fast swimming. While Tsuyu excels in aquatic environments, she is shown to be more than agile and acrobatic on land as well.
Tsuyu's stomach is capable of inflating, which allows her to secrete an irritating toxin contained in the walls of her stomach. It can also be used to store objects, with Tsuyu being capable of regurgitating them when necessary. She is also able to regurgitate her stomach allowing her to clean it.
As frogs are cold-blooded creatures, Tsuyu is sensitive to the cold, with prolonged exposure preventing her Quirk from being used while additionally making her feel drowsy and lethargic.
- Camouflage (
保 護 色Hogoshoku?): Tsuyu can change the coloring of her body to match with the surrounding environment, allowing for sneak attacks.
- Since the rest of her family have similar frog-like appearances, they may also possess the same Quirk. It can also suggest that this Quirk makes the user progressively more frog-like as they age.
- This Quirk appears to be hugely inspired by the superpowers of X-Men character Toad, a mutant and recurring villain in the series. Ironically, whereas Toad is mostly seen as a joke, Tsuyu's abilities are often commended as extremely reliable and practical.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 14 and Episode 10.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 15 and Episode 10.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 66 and Episode 36.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 122.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 133 (p. 7).
- Frog - Wikipedia article about the animal this Quirk's abilities are based on.
- Toad (comics) - Wikipedia article about the character that most likely inspired this Quirk.