This Quirk allows Shota to cancel other Quirk powers and abilities simply by looking at the target.
With Erasure activated, Shota can rob people of their main method of fighting: Quirks. Thus people affected by it become easy for Shota to defeat or restrain.
While this Quirk is extraordinarily powerful in a Quirk-dependent society, it does have many weaknesses:
- The effects of the Quirk wear off if Shota shuts his eyes.
- If Shota utilizes this ability for a long period of time, his eyes start to dry out.
- This Quirk only works on Emitter-Class and Transformation-Class Quirks, forcing Shota to rely on hand-to-hand combat against Quirk users that are Mutant-Class.
- Physical strength or abilities that don't come from Quirks are unaffected.
- Due to the after-effects of the injuries he sustained at the USJ, when Shota activates and deactivates his Quirk, there is now an interval where his Quirk must recharge until he can use it again; Shota is unable to use his Quirk during this recharge interval.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 6, Page 13
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 6, Page 15
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 7, Page 4
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 16, Pages 12-15
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 7, Pages 3-4
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 14, Pages 6-8
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 17, Pages 8-10
- Dry eye syndrome - Wikipedia article about the medical condition that manifests on Shota when he overuses his Quirk.