Arbor allows Shinji to generate and control wood from any part of his body.
Through Arbor, Shinji is able to manifest tendrils of wood that seemingly sprout from his skin and then extend those over a long distance. Those tendrils can come from anywhere on Shinji's body and he has full control over their actions, giving him a way to perform multiple tasks at once.
Since it is a wood-based Quirk, it is ineffective against flame or explosion-based attacks, due to wood being combustible.
Shinji mostly uses his Quirk for restraining enemies or to rescue people from dangerous situations. In both cases, this involves him wrapping his wooden tendrils over their bodies. Against villains, this is used to bind them in place, preventing them from acting, while for victims, it's an useful method to carry them to safety, especially if there's multiple casualties.
Shinji frequently employs Arbor for evasion and locomotion, using his elongated tendrils to hold onto tall structures like buildings, which lets Shinji swing himself through the air.
Named Super Moves
- Lacquered Chains Prison (先制必縛ウルシ鎖牢 Sensei Hitsubaku Urushi Sarō?): Shinji shoots out the wood from one of his arms and surrounds the enemy with it to immobilize them.
- In terms of function, this Quirk is very similar to Vines, which is noted by several characters.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Official Character Book Ultra Archive.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 1.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 1 (p. 6).