All For One allows the user to steal other people's Quirks and wield these stolen powers as their own. All For One also allows the user to transfer stolen Quirks to other people.
The user of All For One can combine several Quirks in order to create devastating techniques which would normally not be possible with the usage of only one Quirk.
After the user of All For One steals a Quirk, the person whose Quirk was stolen becomes unresponsive and descends into a comatose-like state, as seen with Tomoko Shiretoko whose Search Quirk was stolen. Furthermore, not all recipients of a Quirk from All For One are able to handle the strain of gaining them. Subsequently, they become mindless dolls who are not able to speak or think for themselves.
- All for One, together with its counterpart, One for All, may be derived from the popular motto of the titular heroes of the novel The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas.
- One For All's name is an inversion of All For One, showing the differing philosophies between their wielders. The former emphasizes one using their power for the betterment of others while the latter is meant to selfishly hoard power for one's own sake.
- In the anime, a red and black light effect is used to demonstrate the usage of the Quirk.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 59 (p. 8) and Episode 33.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 93.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 88.